A Dance to Last a Lifetime
Feeling nervous about your first dance as a married couple? Or do you simply want to wow your family and friends on the big day?
Wouldn’t it be great to have the romance of dancing for the rest of your lives together? Arthur Murray Dance Studios have been teaching future husbands and wives to dance for over 102 years. Investing in your wedding dance is the one wedding purchase that you can take with you and use for years after the big day. Make your wedding the one to remember: perform a dance you will always remember and one your friends will never forget. At Arthur Murray, it is our experience that every couple has different needs, preferences and time schedules but everyone has the ability to be a good dancer with enough time. Wouldn’t it be great to have the memory of having a remarkable first dance together? We can put something together that is uniquely yours. Call one of our Long Island Arthur Murray Dance Studios to schedule your first wedding dance lesson. We will listen to you and customize your first dance to make this the highlight of the best day of your life.
Wedding Dance Tips & Advice
If you are planning to get married, here are a few tips and advice from the experts on learning to dance for your big day:
- Don’t wait until the last minute. Remember that the schedule will get very hectic as the wedding day approaches. Dance instructors recommend starting four to six months earlier to allow more time for practice, especially if our students are newcomers to dancing.
- It’s okay if you haven’t chosen a song. On your very first lesson, we will introduce you to the main dances most couples use. We can help make suggestions depending on which dance you like and do the best. If you already have a song chosen, bring it with you!
- Be patient when learning. Dancing is a great stress reliever, and a fun date night, so don’t put too much pressure on each other.
More Wedding Tips
- Don’t try to teach your significant other. You’ll both have a lot more fun dancing if you let your instructor do the teaching.
- Practice in the right shoes. Wear shoes to your lessons that are similar to the ones you’ll be wearing on the big day.
- Be consistent with your appointments. The more often you come in, the less review there will be on each lesson. Plan at least once a week to get the most from your lessons.
- Use the classes and practices when possible. Everyone feels most comfortable on a private lesson, but the classes and parties will be closer to what the rest of your reception will be like, and the teachers will be there to help!
Learning to dance for a wedding is a special gift that you and your spouse-to-be can give to each other. A couple who feels confident and poised when they dance together will ensure that their very first dance together as wife and husband will be a memory they will cherish forever.
Things You May Want to Know for Your First Wedding Dance Lesson
Before you begin your lessons, there are a few things you may want to consider. Do you know what kind of music you’ll have at the wedding? Or, if a band or DJ will play the first song? By figuring out these key elements first, we can help you plan your first dance, mother/son, father/daughter, or bridal party dance. In addition, it may be helpful to know the size of your dance floor. Popular first dances include:
- Almost Paradise
- Can You Feel the Love Tonight
- Could I have this Dance
- How Sweet it is to be Loved by you
- Crazy for You
- Don’t Know Much
- Endless Love
- Fields of Gold
- Fly Me to the Moon
- Forever and Ever, Amen
- Groovy Kind of Love
- Have You Really Ever Loved a Woman
- Here and Now
- I Just Called to Say I Love You
- I Get a Kick Out of You
- I Swear
- I’ll Always Love You
- In Your Eyes It Had to be You
- I’ve Got You Under My Skin My Girl
- Night & Day
- Our Love is Here to Stay
- Someone to Watch Over Me
- Stand By Me
Contact Us Today to Schedule Your Introductory Lesson. First Private Lesson For $50! (Up To 2 People)